Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

San Francisco's new Food Truck Haven

I discovered since my post the other day on food trucks, that the city of San Francisco actually has a real plan in mind for a food truck hub. I'm so happy! I think the Portland food truck hub looks great and I'm sure that we will have one just as good or better here.

Huffington Post reports (not sure who wrote the story but you can go to the site and read about it plus see all the photos of the area then and the proposed new look.

For a little over year, a shortcut on my daily commute led me to regularly travel down McCoppin Street. Hardly a day went by where I didn't bear witness to a drug deal or, at the very least, inadvertently take a deep breath full of that oh-so-fresh urine smell. It wasn't pretty, but it shaved a couple minutes off my trek between home and work so I didn't complain (much).

Now, the awkward cul-de-sack tucked under the intersection of Highway 101 and Market Street, is slated to become McCoppin Hub--a public plaza replete with green space and spots for a bevvy of food trucks, turning this oft-overlooked corner of San Francisco into the city's hippest new food court.
Read the entire story
~~~~~~~~~~
where to find trucks in SF



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments: