Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Allen West Rants against Wasserman-Schultz

Some of you may have heard about the rant against Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman-Schultz by GOP Rep, Allen West. At first I was shocked by his outburst but after thinking a minute I realized that this just seems to be  the kind of person Allen West is.

In case you were unaware: The Huffngton Post reports:
"A Republican congressman from Florida turned to email on Tuesday to call a Democratic colleague from the state "vile, despicable and cowardly" after she called into question his stance on Medicare during the debate over a spending cap and balanced budget bill before the House.
The subject line of the email: "Unprofessional and Inappropriate Sophomoric Behavior from Wasserman Schultz."

The e-mail said: "Look, Debbie, I understand that after I departed the House floor you directed your floor speech comments directly towards me. Let me make myself perfectly clear, you want a personal fight, I am happy to oblige. You are the most vile, unprofessional and despicable member of the US House of Representatives. If you have something to say to me, stop being a coward and say it to my face, otherwise, shut the heck up."

In his email, West said Wasserman Schultz has proven "that you are not a Lady" and "shall not be afforded due respect from me!" He said he was alerting House leaders to her "heinous characterless behavior."

Based on some past comments I’ve heard from West, he's a loose cannon and sort of a bully IMO. The information I heard that Wasserman-Schultz said certainly was not attacking him personally. Rep West is not backing down.  I’ve had similar experiences with some Republican leaning friends, that have taken words out of context and then felt personally attacked, when nothing could be further from the truth. This is America, and last I heard, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That includes Congressman Allen West -- but sometimes when you're on the wrong side of an issue, you can let your temper get the best of you!
Can't we all just get along?

I'm Just Sayin!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments: