Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Changing Direction



I don’t think I mentioned on this blog that the African safari has been moved to 2012. I am going to need more time to investigate what area to go (root searching) once I receive my DNA test results (which have not arrived yet, I might add). I will begin planning for that trip later.

But....that doesn’t mean there’s no vacation in 2011. Our 2nd choice was an easy one. Since we absolutely Love Paris - we have decided to return for another stay in the City of Light.



To that end, I have secured an apartment in Saint Germain des Pres. (located in the 6th & 7th Arr) So it’s definite! We will spend 10 glorious days living like true Parisiens. Following our stay in Paris we will make our way to Provence in the south of France.  Then return to the US (possibly via London). 
I may even look into purchasing a pied-a-terre.

As I research pied-a-terre opportunities and lodging and tour information for Provence, I will share them with you via this blog. 


~~~~~~~A bit of background)~~~~~~~~~~ 
The 6th Arrondissement is situated at the centre of Paris, on the left bank of the Seine River.
The 6th arrondissement is the archetypal residential Parisian district. Small traditional boutiques rub elbows with latest fashion shops in surroundings marked with a rich historical heritage. The Quartier Saint-Germain-des-Prés especially is known to be the symbol of the Parisian elegance and refinement. It is the right place to experience the chic parisien.
The 6th & 7th Arrondissement are very popular districts in Paris. Real estate is pricey and property in big demand (including vacation rentals). The Eiffel Tower is also located in the 7th arr. 

A pied-à-terre (French, "foot on the ground") is a small living unit usually located in a large city some distance away from an individual's primary residence. It may be an apartment or condominium.
The term pied-à-terre implies usage as a temporary second residence, either for part of the year or part of the work week
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

1 comment:

Ting said...

How fabulous! I love LOVE the apartment -- so cute!!!