Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Don't Put Away Those Leggings

Layered Look with Leggings 
I know we talked about leggings back in February but leggings are still a hot fashion statement for fall. I am pleased, but here's a little secret - I haven't actually worn my leggings....yet (but I plan to). I have made peace with several pairs of skinny jeans, which look very "legging-like". I've been working hard at figuring this out and think I have finally put together a style that will work with my body and my age. And as luck would have it, looks like I still have a chance to show them off this fall. 
Black Legging
Leggings can be worn in either a casual or in a more sophisticated manner. It all depends on the particular pieces being worn and how they are layered together.
Casual Legging Look 
(Don't worry, I won't be wearing any of these strapless dresses with my leggings)

Dressy Legging Look
If you have a job, (that will allow you to wear leggings) black leggings are without a doubt the best option for a day at the office. Layer them with a tunic, or a loose flowing long blouse or a tulle trimmed tank top. You can even add a cute ribbed cardigan, a large gemstone necklace and clasped gemstone bracelet to complete the look (gemstones are "in" this fall- more later).
For a day out with the friends almost anything goes! Great time to break out the colorful or patterned leggings and go wild!! However, in order to not look too crazy - be sure to wear a solid colored loose fitting tank top, blouse or shirt and a long yet fitted blazer. Add your chunky gemstone jewelry, a large matching bag and the outfit will be poppin with style!
If you'd like some more tips on just how to find the perfect legging style for you, take a look at the video below. 
I have several more videos which I will post this weekend


Re: this video - no, I don't know why she calls them "stretch pants"

I'm Just Sayin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments: