Pages

Friday, June 5, 2015

My love affair with Paris is over

On May 26th I broke up with my Paris blog!

It was time. I had pretty much made up my mind a couple of years ago that I would not be retiring in Paris.


It was a wonderful dream but the reality did not match the dream. 


Paris is way too expensive for folks on a fixed income and there are way too many hoops to jump through to reside there on any type of permanent basis. Paris, my friends, is not hurting for people who want to live there. Therefore, there is no reason to entice retirees with easy residency and monetary perks. 

And... this realization is a perfect example of why it is so important to do extensive research on any place(s) where you to think you may want to retire.

However, even though I no longer have my Paris  blog dedicated to all things Paris, I can still post any related information here, as this is a travel blog, of sorts.

And, I thought it only fitting to end my love affair with Paris by posting a photo and related article about the end of another romantic era in Paris.




The love locks on The Pont des Arts
 are being removed. I have done several posts about the historic bridge and it is sad that the locks will finally come off for good!

But, structurally the locks meant disater for the bridge.





I'm Just Sayin!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments: