Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Mediterranean - Day 6 At Sea

Tuesday was an At Sea day and Formal Night on board the Celebrity Century.  It looked like most of the passengers were at the pool.

As promised, we did spend our day at sea exploring the ship and we took lots of photos but due to WiFi rates I’ll have to save those for Flickr.


Formal Night was a hoot! We even forgot to take photos of me in my dress, so I will only have one picture to offer for show on the blog today. The ship, however, had photographers at about 6 different stations set up for pictures, which we could purchase (all the more $$$ to be made for them). They had the grand “photo reveal” last night but I really wasn’t that pleased with any of ours. There is a second formal night on Saturday. Now that I know what to expect, I’ll make another attempt at posing for a photo more to my liking.

I had a wonderfully scrumptious dinner. I ordered the duck l’orange (sp).  We had a table reserved with some of our new friends on the ship (2 couples form the UK and 1 newlywed couple from Boston). Hugo, our waiter  (he looks like Jim Carey to us)was in rare form. I laughed so much my cheeks hurt by the end of the evening. After dinner there was a captain’s toast and show in the Celebrity Theatre. Singing and dancing was done by some not so good singers and dancers. All I could think of was Simon Cowell on American Idol criticizing the contestants by telling them that they sounded like they should be singing on a cruise ship. Yes, it’s like that!! You get the picture.
















taken in our room before dinner

I'm Just Sayin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments: